I don’t think I like the whole “Bucket List” thing. I’m not completely sure how I feel about it. I do like the idea of goals (obviously) and having aspirations and things you want to accomplish. But life is fleeting and you never really know what’s going to happen. There’s something very final and win/lose about a list that you have to complete before you “kick the bucket.” What if you don’t? What if life strikes and you don’t have time? Are you a failure? Was your life a failure?
Isn’t it better to just go with it? Take things one day at a day! Seize the day! Learn. Stretch. Challenge yourself. Don’t get too comfortable. Or find something you love and get comfortable. I don’t know. Just don’t stop growing and loving and living.
And that’s all I’m going to write tonight, because that little spiel inspired me to get up and do my INSANITY workout, rather than blowing it off after a rough day. (Which also reminds me that I forgot to include INSANITY on my to-do list, along with several other items that I had jotted down in various notebooks and journals. See updates below. And check out the new “The List” tab for the most up-to-date version.)
- Go on a blind date
- Go on a not-blind date
- Ask a guy out for drinks or dinner
- Hike a mountain (again)
- Run a 5K
- Road trip with a friend
- Take a bus to another city
- Host a party
- Practice yoga regularly
- Set off fireworks
- Become fluent in Spanish
- Get a tattoo
- Sleep outdoors (again)
- Find a used bookstore
- Find a real record store
- Visit New York City
- Make homemade pizza (again)
- Watch the sun rise over the ocean
- Watch the sun set over the ocean
- Watch the sun rise over the mountains
- Watch the sun set over the mountains
- Go to a live concert (again)
- Dance like no one is watching
- Join a flash mob
- Refurnish the old dining room table
- Go to a restaurant or bar and tell them it’s my/my friend’s birthday, even though it isn’t
- Try a guest pass to a new gym that I can’t actually afford
- Buy and drink a “good” bottle of wine… and probably accept that I don’t actually like wine and finally quit forcing myself to drink it.
- Sit on a rooftop overlooking my city.
- Find events to wear each of my formal dresses.
- Read the best science fiction books ever/ read one book by each of the greatest sci-fi authors.
- Form a bar trivia team.
- Cross the Canadian border.
- Attend the Boston Marathon.
- Complete INSANITY workout.
- Write a play.